Saturday, June 12, 2010

One more day...

Just one more day til I hopefully find out what's causing the pain. I received the MRI results in today's mail, and learned I have some protuding disks along my spine, but I don't understand what else was written. I will take that report with me to the neurosurgeon and have her interpret it for me. Any other time and I would have been googling those words on the internet, but today I just didn't care to find out. Too much effort.

I tried to do without pain medication longer than usual this morning, but that didn't last long. This burning, searing pain becomes unbearable and I remember what my friend said about stressing your body even more when we don't medicate on schedule. So I took the pill, laid back down and rested.

One good thing to report ... I actually chose what I wanted for dinner ... my Fred picked it up from the restaurant and I ate it! No pushing food around, no grimacing because I had to eat. Thank the Lord for that victory! One step forward is a major blessing at this stage.

A dear friend called tonight ... she and I went to church together for awhile ... have been friends for 39 years ... she is going thru a difficult time also. Physical challenges and grown children who are taxing her soul ... a husband who isn't a Christian and not supportive ... puts my problems into a new perspective. We can always learn of someone who's going thru just a bit more than we are and today, we don't have to look far to find them. Or so it seems.

Our granddaughter Erica came to the house this afternoon so her Papa could put air in a pool toy. She ran in and gave me a hug and a kiss and asked how I was doing. She saw my arm and the large bruise from the blown vein and asked me what had happened. I told her and she said "Oh, does it hurt?" And I said yes it does, a bit. When you're 8, almost 9, bruising and painful feet must seem as foreign to you as Mars. But I'm very thankful she and her sister Stephanie care enough about me to call or come & visit.

Will go and get ready for bed. Prayerfully rest will come and I can sleep. Not going to church tomorrow. Will stay in and continue resting as much as I can. Monday will be a busy day but I'm looking forward to getting answers.


May your evening be rest-filled and may your Sunday be blessed. Thank you all again for praying for me.

3 comments:

  1. You are on my heart and in my prayers continually.
    My body ached last night from over-doing simple household chores, but they will ease up. I think of you and Hal and many others like you who pray for a few moments of pain free time.
    Your friend is right about the medication...Sara - Thara to you! -always tells me to stay ahead of the pain, don't wait till it becomes to much to manage.
    I send all my love Louise, you are ALWAYS in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you through this painful time .. so glad you have a loving husband and grandchildren to be with you. (Gentle:) hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Louise now that the trouble has been identified you will be able to get the right treatment. Praying for healing and strength

    ReplyDelete