Sunday, November 1, 2009

Time is slipping quickly through our fingers. We are closer than ever to the return of Jesus Christ. Why does this truth not fill me with anticipation and joy? As His child it should, don't you think?

The truth is I don't know that I'm ready for His return. I've failed in so many areas and would like just a little more time to correct some things.

In my journal this morning I wrote this:
I am burdened that I've not shared Christ with my neighbors. I am concerned that I need to be more about my Father's business, not mine, in whatever time we have left to do so. The return of Jesus is closer than ever before and I need to be aware of that in all that I do.

Help me Lord to rightly understand Your Word. Help me to be a doer of that Word at all costs. Help me to closely follow You each minute of my life.

Let me not be caught up in things that will not last for eternity and help me to lay up treasures in heaven. I need to guard my heart and my mind and I so need to redeem the time You've given me.

I need to be praying as never before. Help me to throw off the cloak of comfort that my flesh has grown accustomed to, then to pick up my cross and follow You.

"Keep clean hands" ... those words came to me this morning. What do they mean for me? Clean hands represent righteous actions. What I sense You saying is "don't meddle in issues that don't concern me and what God has for my life".

Job 17:9 "Yet the righteous will hold to his way, and he who has clean hands will be stronger and stronger". This is what You're saying to me Lord - thank You!

Application: Getting involved in too many things weakens me, uses precious energy that is best used in doing what I am supposed to be doing for the glory of God. It also dims the light that I am in Christ. I can't physically do as I did 40 years ago, it's foolish to think I can. So I must evaluate each day's needs and with clean hands, do what I do for the glory of God, using the strength He gives for that day. I must lay aside the temporary in exchange for the eternal.

Dear Ones, let us be about our Father's business. Let us lay aside every weight that isn't necessary for us to bear and run with patience the race that He has set before us. Let us not grow weary in doing good. Let us pray for one another and love our neighbors as ourselves. Let us be Salt and Light to our next door neighbors and our families.

Blessings to you all this Sabbath.
Louise

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Weezy...we must be about our Father's business...let go of worldly things and touch the lives of others as never before. Signs of the time are everywhere!!!
    Great teaching...Holy Spirit led my friend.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete