Friday, November 6, 2009


I've been reading in the book of Matthew again this week, especially our Lord's Sermon on the Mount. It has repeatedly spoken to my heart about how I'm to be living as a follower of the One who has known me from before the world existed.


Think about that ... He has known us from before time, as we know it, began. He chose us to be His, long before we could say yes to His call. And He put within us the desire to say 'yes'. All glory is His.


How blessed we are if we know Christ as Savior and Lord. How do we properly thank Him? For me the answer is to walk as closely as I can to Him each day. To keep clean hands and a pure heart. To remember what He's teaching me in His Word by re-reading it; writing it down and reminding myself of it often through-out the day.


I'm not to meddle in things that don't concern me ... they sap my strength and dim the light He has put within me. I'm to keep my mind stayed on Him because when I do, He will keep me in perfect peace, because I trust in Him. I'm to present my body a living sacrifice which is my reasonable act of worship. I'm to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. I'm to cast down vain imaginations and every thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. I'm not to be conformed to this world.



Too often I get too busy and yet I must make time to remember and remind myself of all these things and more of what is in God's precious Word. He is the keeper of my soul and I need to remember that truth when things get difficult.

May the Lord bless each of you who read this. May needs be met and desires of the heart granted. May we learn together that He is our greatest need and that with Him we can face all our tomorrow's.

Blessings to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment