Friday, December 19, 2008

Being a Mom is a difficult path to walk some days. A lot of days are that way if we're honest with ourselves. Nothing on this earth can touch your heart and bring tears like a child or grand child who's hurting. It's as though we carry their pain, perhaps more than they do at times.

This has been a heavy-hearted day for me, and counting it as joy has been anything but easy. So I've busied myself ... doing some computer work ... baked some cookies ... made dinner ... and during those times, I've prayed "Lord, please make a way for my son. Please." He was laid off work and has been diligently seeking employment for these past weeks. He called just a few minutes ago to tell me he's been hired at a job he wanted and one he's qualified to do, and he goes Monday to fill out the paperwork. I thank my Father and I offer praise to Him for His mercy and His unending grace .. for His taking into consideration I'm a Mom who would probably lay down my life for one of my 'kids' ... sons, daughters-in-law .. grand girls ... and I fall short of being where I'd like to be in Him. I'd like to see myself as this super-strong woman of faith, but truth be told, there are times, lots & lots of times, when I'm the weeping child seeking her Father's face, and hoping He's not angry because of my lack of faith to trust Him with what matters most to me.

At this moment I am a child who is very thankful and grateful for God's showing Himself mighty to save once again. I am humbled and thankful for each of you who read this and who let me know you're there. You have no earthly idea what your comments mean to me, and I am so thankful that one day, we'll meet face to face, and we'll marvel at God's goodness in bringing us together as sisters in Christ for all eternity.

My voice is still gone by the way and I see that as a blessing this week. There is much I could have said that most likely wouldn't have benefitted the hearers, so I've been quiet and prayed and talked to my Father instead of talking much to any human being. For that, I can and I do count my silence as a joy.

Blessings to each of you. I pray you're all safe and well. Our weather today is cold and we have much snow, with more expected Sunday. How blessed we are to be inside a warm home ... food on our tables ... clothing on our backs ... how blessed indeed.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, we are blessed indeed Weezy! I praise God for giving your boy not just any job, but the one he wanted...isn't that just like Jesus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am catching up with you tonight, Louise. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your comments even when I have been out of circulation!

    I have really appreciated reading all the names of God. Thanks for posting those. And then what a wonderful post this last one is! I have been praying for your son whenever you and he have come to mind. It is no easy thing to be a mom, and I know how it feels to be so concerned about a child that you would take all his or her problems onto yourself if only you could. I was just wondering if somehow that might be connected to your laryngitis?? Our bodies are amazing, and we handle stress in different ways. Whatever the cause, I hope you will soon be back to talking again.

    I'm so thankful that you are able to take it easy when you need to. You are right, we have so much to be thankful for, all the time. God bless you, my dear friend! Be careful, and enjoy all the snow through the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising God for the provision of a job for your son. We are as filthy rags ... yet, He still loves us and cares for us. God's love is an amazing powerful love. A zillion times stronger than that of a mother's love for her children.

    Be sure to baby your throat with warm liquids and use your voice sparingly. I would have a very difficult time having laryngitis what with having to translate Nathan's speech :)

    One good thing about all of our recent snow, the house is so much better insulated and seems warmer.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete