Thursday, December 25, 2008


As quietly as it entered, Christmas 2008 is nearly gone. We spent the afternoon with our youngest son Shawn & his family here at the house. I baked bread & cupcakes this morning and my hubby fixed dinner for us. He's such a good cook and I'm so very thankful he enjoys creating meals and cooking. I'd rather houseclean and bake any day, so there's a good balance for us.

My Mother-in-law spent the day at her apartment with her granddaughter & great-grandson. The older she gets the less she wants to get out and I can understand that. We hope to have dinner with her tomorrow, either bring her here or we'll take dinner to her apartment. We shall see.

Our electricity went out for four hours last night. We were spending a quiet evening at home, puppy-sitting our Grand-dog Louis, and it ended up being a very peaceful time. We had the fireplace on and candles lit and a battery operated radio played Christmas carols. It is good to be still and those four hours gave me opportunity to think about James, chapter 1 and also, to really think about Christmas and what it means. Sara's post was most fitting in explaining it I think. If you've not read it yet, please go to her blog and do so. She gives us her heart through her words, as Deb said, and I wholeheartedly agree.

I am blessed with my blog friends .. some I've known personally for years and others I most likely won't meet til we all get to heaven, but you all mean a great deal to me. You're my safe place to share thoughts and feelings, hopes and fears, joys and laughter. Thank you all for being a part of my life.

This evening is drawing to a close and Lord willing, we shall all see a brand new day in just a few hours. May tomorrow be as meaningful for you as today was. And may each of our tomorrow's bring us closer to the One who was born to be our All in All.

Blessings to you all.

3 comments:

  1. Good to read thisd post.

    My mom also does not want to go out. People visither in the house, that 's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the times of enforced quietness! Sometimes they seem inconvenient, but they have ended up being a blessing in disguise. I pray you have had a holy and happy and peaceful Christmas.

    How is your voice doing through all this, Louise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, may we become closer to the One who we Celebrate! I too am thankful for my Blog family, what a blessing you all are!

    ReplyDelete