Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Arlene

In my written journal entry of Jan. 2, 2008, I wrote this:


"Arlene's home-going is to be celebrated - she finished the course that was set for her - don't mourn as those who have no hope."

As followers of Christ, we have hope ... hope that is founded in the cross of Christ ... He died that we might live for eternity with Him. We have hope that we will see Arlene again and she will be free from cancer and chemotherapy and pain. She will be the Arlene God knew she would be as He hung on that Cross all those years ago. We have hope that nothing will separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.
Remember the Wednesdays when so many prayed for Arlene? It is not coincidence that she went Home on this day ... Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2008.
We love you Arlene! We will miss you here, but we have Hope that we're going to see you again!


7 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful tribute, Louise! There is no greater hope than what we have as Christians!

    For me, heaven used to seem far away, but then my dad went there, my father-in-law left cancer behind him, and one by one, loved ones have started beating a path heavenward, preparing the way for me. As problems and pain surround me, I realize more and more that these are tools that are being used to make me long for that better place where those I love have already gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be grand there.

    love ya friend

    and my stylist is my daughter
    She ROCKS

    deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene's healing came on 'prayer Wednesday', just like you said...oh that blessed hope we have that one day, we will see her again ~ I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise,
    I followed a link here from Jeanette's blog (my sister) and did a little browsing to read about Arlene. People have lost a wife and mom and grandma and friend! I'm sure the next days and weeks ahead will be tough adjustments especially for the family.

    Blog world is an interesting place, isn't it! Even though we've never seen each other's face and sometimes have only read and never even commented, I often find my personal flag at half mast when I learn of someone else's grief or loss on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise, thank you so much for your comment on my blog. You have brought tears to my eyes! (I'm so glad to see that Carol-Ann came on over here, too!)

    Thanks for the info on "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. Barry loves books and has so many of them. I asked him if we might have it. We do have some by Randy Alcorn but not that one. He looked at it online and recognized it as the same book he saw his mother reading last time he visited, and she has told him about it on the phone, as well. I am going to get a copy as soon as I can and am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete