1. What book(s) are you reading?
2. Who are your favorite authors?
3. What book of the Bible speaks to you right now?
4. If you had all the money you wanted and only had one day
to spend it, what would that day be like?
Answers I've received:
(1) I'm reading "Born Amish" and the books of Leviticus and Luke.
(2) My favorite authors are C. S. Lewis and Janice Holt Giles.
(3) I'm not sure as all the books seem to hold such treasures for me.
(4) Hmmm...I suppose I would actually spend the whole day at home to coordinate my spending. First I would pay off our mortgage so my sweet Hubby would not have that burden and could concentrate on other things. The rest of the day would be spent on the computer, giving to every charity I could think of, giving to those who have a great need, and supporting the ministries of those who help the helpless and lost. I might also splurge for all our future homeschooling books, books I'd like to have in our library, plants and chickens. lol.
1. I am reading the bible...haven't had time for anyhting else.
2. My favoite authoes are...Eugenia Price, Conrad Richter, Janette Oke and phillip Gulley.
3. Right now Matthew chapters 5 and 6...their words written in RED!
4. That day would be like every other day, caring for the Grandbabies and making sure that my family is taken care of...that they have all that they need. (not want)
1. Just finished "Loving Frank" and "The Shack"
2. Laura Ingalls Wilder, James Herriot, C.S. Lewis, Phillip Gulley
4. Homes for my family, college for my kids and then???? there's so much need I'm sure the day would be too fast to think of it all.
i. Several books, mainly a devotional by Dr Martyn Llyod Jones and My family and other Animals by Gerald Durrel
2 Fav. authors, difficult to compile a list.
Corrie Ten Boom; Martyn Llyod Jones; Francis Scheaffer; CS Lewis; Elizabeth Elliot; Max Lucado; Phillip Yancey
4.For my family and church and for sick people who cannot afford treatment.
1. 23 Minutes in Hell by Bill Wiese
2. Karen Kingbury, C.S. Lewis, John Grisham
4. In the morning I'd pay off my mortgage and bills and those of all my family and friends. Then I'd give money to everyone that I knew - as much as they needed. In the afternoon I would lie in a hammock and drink a glass of sweet tea while listening to praise music and reading a favorite book!
1. Bold Purpose by Dan Allender & Tremper Longman III
2. Randy Alcorn; John Piper; Elisabeth Eliot; Martyn Lloyd Jones; Steve Estes; Karen Kingsbury; Phillip Keller and others!
3. I & II Peter
4. One day & all the money I wanted: Give to our church; Pay off our children's mortgages; Put away money for grand-girls college funds; Give to missionaries; Give to the persecuted church through VOM; Pay off our car; Give money to homeless shelters & food banks; Provide medical care for anyone in need; Go to a local restaurant and pay for everyone's lunch/dinner for that day with the condition they accept and read a gospel tract telling of the love of Christ; Go to a local grocery store and seek those who seem to need help the most, then pay for their groceries for a month; Give money to family members who are in need. Give, give, give!
1) Believing God by Beth Moore
2) Linda Howard
3) Today it's Matthew
4) Since I've really been thinking about storing for the winter... I would pay off our trip to Austria, then pay off the house, store up food for the winter, buy a car for Phyllis, purchase a new furnace and roof for the garage.