Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veteran's Day





We remember....
The men and women who have served in our country's military:


The Military Oath:
I do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the United States of America; that I will serve them honestly and faithfully against all their enemies whomsoever; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

"Someone has said, To be born free is a privilege, to die free is an awesome responsibility. Yet freedom is never free. It is always purchased at a great cost."



"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die." ~G.K. Chesterton

"God, who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever."
---Thomas Jefferson

2 comments:

  1. Thomas Jefferson's words still ring true today!
    I am so thamkful to our Veterans1

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remain in awe of and thankful for our military men and women.

    ReplyDelete