Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nov. 19, 2013


I just read the post from September and find myself thinking, I can't believe it's November! November 19 to be exact. One day after our 46th wedding anniversary. Perhaps I'll tell you about that.

Yesterday was supposed to be about US, my Fred and I. After we went grocery shopping, we were going to go out and spend the day together. Doing whatever struck our fancy. But the day didn't turn out like that. And it was all my doing.

I had a severe coughing spasm in the morning and that left me feeling so drained and so very sore, that I didn't get out of the house. My Fred did the grocery shopping and then put things away once he was home. I was like a lump on a log for most of the day. He offered to take me out for dinner. Ha! There was no way that was going to happen. So we ordered food and he went to pick it up. Our 46th was spent as many of our other anniversaries have been ... confining. But comfortable I guess.

Today I feel better and it's almost time for me to get my body ready for bed. I read my friend Jeanette's blog tonight, about her daughter Coral, and it prompted me to write this. It seems we are all having a cross to bear. My husband's cross looks a lot like ME I'm afraid. What does mine look like?

Thank you Jeanette for getting me to do this again. I've missed it. And I'll get back to regular postings, even if they're just a quick Hi and Hello, I'm here!

I heard this just this morning on Alistair Begg's radio message:

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do" and it has stuck with me all day.

I'll leave you with that thought.

Good night & may God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment